Success is a relative term; different individuals have their opinions on success. But one thing is absolute about the success that it requires sacrifices. For a homemaker, Success means fulfilling all her duties towards her family, while for a space scientist success may have different connotations. Success is a result of persistent efforts and only those who have a never say die attitude can achieve it. Momentary success can be reached, but such accomplishment would last for a short span time while continuing success can only be achieved by hard work and dedication.
Here, we shall discuss some sacrifices that you have to make to achieve greater heights. Any individual can be successful if he directs his efforts in the right direction. Below are some of the sacrifices that every individual has to make to attain success in their respective capacities.
- Cut off random people- You cannot keep a bunch of people with you all the time. We need fellow humans to support us mentally and emotionally, but having a lot of people will never let you achieve success. Parents often ask their kids to choose their friends wisely; the reason behind this is that we adopt the habits of those with whom we spend time. Therefore, you have to select a few people and stick to them. However, this does not mean that you have to ignore other people. You may maintain cordial relations with everyone, but keep your circle close and leave the baggage of random people.
- Let go of trivial things- Just like people, we knowingly or unknowingly accumulate certain things that are not necessarily required. Time is very precious as it can never return, therefore spend it wisely and refrain from wasting your time on insignificant issues or people. Prioritize your work, and don’t do something against your will. If you find something not worth your time, do not waste your time on it just to please others, as it will make you miserable.
- Get rid of Excuses- Excuses are another villain that come in the way of your success, Get Rid of them as soon as you can. If, even after trying hard you do not get what you aimed at, don’t feel sad and blame others for your failure. Be a sport and accept that it was not meant to be. When God closes one door, rest assured that what was behind it was not right for you. We all feel sorry when we face failure, but don’t let the failure stop you from trying again. Look for the causes and eliminate them, in case you feel a particular person is a cause of your failure, then remove them as well. Sometimes, the person is so close to using, and we cannot just exclude them, so we start blaming them, but it is not a good idea. Be mature and withdraw yourself from someone who is not helping you flourish, but don’t be impolite or hostile.
- Do not strive for Perfection¬- Perfection is an illusion. Nobody is perfect, and you have to accept it. The sooner you accept this, the better it will be for your overall growth. Work hard and give your best shot, but don’t waste time in making things perfect. What seems perfect to you may be imperfect for others. The time and efforts wasted on attaining perfection should rather be spent on doing your work thoughtfully. Take small steps to make you better, but do not go overboard and try to be a perfectionist.
- Don’t be rigid- It is always good to have firm viewpoints, but having a fixed mindset will never take you anywhere. Always be ready to adapt new things and do not express reluctance towards trying a new way of doing something. Inflexible attitude makes a person lazy and resistant to change, which eventually hinders their growth and development. Express your enthusiasm towards adopting newer ways of performing a task, as it will give an opportunity to learn something.
- Don’t set fictional targets- Success cannot be achieved overnight. It will take time, patience and efforts. Be ready to face a few displeasure and letdown. Analyze the required time that has to be given to work and wait till such time. Also, keep some buffer time and check if you would achieve the set target in stipulated time. For the first time, you may take longer than usual time, but it is entirely okay. Do not force yourself or be harsh on yourself.
- Learn to Say NO- You are free to disagree. You need not be there for everyone all the time. Draw a line and do not let anyone make you feel guilty for what you do for your betterment. It is fine to help others, but not at the cost of your success. Your friends may need you, but sometimes their issues might be petty, and investing your time in solving such matters will do no good to you.